The Foundry’s Design Thinking Rooms will greatly increase opportunities for students to study in groups or on their own. Options include:
- Structured study hall: Students are coached daily as they are asked to communicate their academic goals and plans and to provide a social-emotional check-in. English, math, and world languages teachers are available to assist students as well.
- Team study tables: Whether serving a sports team or extracurricular club, these tables use the groups’ existing camaraderie and cohesion to set and achieve shared academic goals.
- Private study: Students can work quietly within many of The Foundry’s spaces.
- Academic self-monitoring check-outs: Students reflect on their organizational skills at the end of the day.
- Cram sessions: Sessions tailored for groups of students enrolled in the same course. Students can work together to prepare for a quiz, test, or a comprehensive exam.