The OH Leadership Academy designs are to assist student leaders and their educators in developing skills in three core areas of leadership development:
- Personal leadership encompasses a student learning about the value of metacognition and developing life skills that strengthen self-image.
- Organizational leadership engages individuals in practicing skills for decision-making.
- Community leadership focuses on individuals organizing to create community change.
- Learning about leadership
- Goal Setting/measure what you treasure
- Decision making
- Stress and time management
- Conflict resolution
- Engaging and empowering others
- Cultural /racial competence/implicit bias
- Managing groups
- Team building
- Program planning and evaluation
- Leadership and service learning
- Leadership and youth-adult partnerships
- Women and leadership